Local manufacturer implements long-term digital marketing, sales strategies to position for growth
OmegaOne, a manufacturer of stainless-steel hose fittings in Willoughby, Ohio, was looking to grow its business by creating a foundational marketing strategy and program. Its president turned to MAGNET to lead the initiative.
Our Strategy, Marketing & Sales team assessed its current state, desired future state and what needed to be done to achieve those goals. First, we conducted competitor and keyword research, and then created a content calendar. From there, we began to update the website to optimize it for search engines and to add valuable content, including a monthly blog, a new RFQ page and downloadable, gated lead magnets such as a technical bulletin. We also implemented a chat feature on the website to connect visitors directly with the sales team to build better relationships and convert more leads.
During this time, MAGNET’s Strategy, Marketing & Sales Growth Advisor Dave Sluka implemented a formalized sales process along with sales training and coaching of the OmegaOne inside sales team.
In addition, a HubSpot account was built out to be utilized as a CRM and email marketing solution so we could begin an account-based marketing lead generation campaign to attract and convert contacts. Additionally, we provided monthly analytics for the website and email marketing. Finally, we conducted a targeted digital ad campaign. MAGNET worked with its service partner, PR20/20, to execute the work.
The initial contract was from May 2020 to December 2020, but it was renewed in January 2021 through November 2021, with December 2021 used as a wrap-up with PR20/20, who was sold to a larger agency and went through a name and personnel change since that time. OmegaOne then transitioned to a third engagement with MAGNET from January 2022 through July 2022 when OmegaOne was sold.
After the foundational work of 2020 and the ongoing implementation of 2021 were accomplished, OmegaOne wanted MAGNET to continue to serve as its incremental marketing manager in 2022. MAGNET was charged with supporting ongoing website updates and maintenance, monthly email marketing, a monthly blog, building out a LinkedIn page and posting three to five times per week, and providing a monthly analytics report. Our Strategy, Marketing & Sales Growth Advisor Gina Tabasso, who also project managed the work in 2021, took on this role from January 2022 through July 2022 for about 12 hours per month. During this time, the company was purchased by Stainless Hose Fittings, Ltd. in Pasadena, Texas, which has since rolled OmegaOne under its umbrella marketing efforts.
As a result of this work:
- Website users increased from 158 to more than 1,100 per month.
- Website sessions increased from 178 to more than 1,200 per month.
- Website pageviews increased from 592 to more than 2,000 per month.
- Organic traffic to the website increased to 85% rather than mostly direct traffic.
- The top-performing blog had more than 700 pageviews per month and an average time spent on the page of 3 to 5 minutes.
- Email open rates increased from 9.52% to an average of 17-20% with negligible unsubscribes and hard bounces.
- LinkedIn followers increased by 117 people over five months
- The number of contacts in the HubSpot CRM grew to more than 2,000 and generated warm and hot leads for the sales team to follow up with through email marketing to qualified, opted-in list of more than 600 contacts.
If your goal is to develop or grow your marketing program, your brand identity and sales process to generate and qualify more leads, contact MAGNET to speak with a Strategy, Marketing & Sales growth advisor today.