Job Title: Growth Advisor
MAGNET: The Manufacturing Advocacy and Growth Network fuels the economic vitality of Northeast Oho by ensuring that manufacturers and physical-product startups have the innovation, people, tools, processes, and access to world-class regional resources to create new products, grow revenue, add jobs, and compete at the highest levels of the global economy. MAGNET is hands-on – we provide the coaching, tools, connections, and consulting to take companies to the next level and add the jobs, revenue, and investments needed to grow Northeast Ohio’s economy. One in five jobs in the region is manufacturing, comprising a majority of our region’s exports and indirectly supporting 50% of our region’s economy.
MAGNET helps manufacturers develop and implement strategies through our programs and services in product development and engineering, continuous improvement, marketing and sales, workforce development, and talent management. We are the Northeast Ohio affiliate for the national Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) and state of Ohio MEP program, serving 21 counties in northeastern Ohio. MAGNET is recognized as a top place to work and our active board - which consists of Fortune 500 company leadership, college presidents, and small company CEOs - is an integral part of the fabric of Northeast Ohio’s nonprofit community. We are excited to meet you and see if MAGNET could fit into your career journey.
Our Growth Advisors have the opportunity to work directly with leaders of Northeast Ohio manufacturers to help their businesses thrive and grow. MAGNET Growth Advisors are privy to a valuable growth and development opportunity that is unique in the consulting industry. MAGNET Growth Advisors have a wide range of educational and manufacturing backgrounds and possess these skills:
- Consultation: Gain thorough understanding of client needs and co-develop customized growth-related goals and strategies.
- Relationship Development: Build trusting relationships with diverse professionals and organizations, then leverage those relationships to advance client goals.
- Collaboration: Work with a wide variety of stakeholders, build consensus, and lead efforts to solve client needs.
- Advise manufacturers on a wide range of topics related to growth for small and medium manufacturers (e.g., sales and marketing, new product development, finances).
- Assist clients in the development of growth strategies that are appropriate for their business; helping them drive toward execution of those strategies.
- Work with a network of universities, partners, and for-profit entities to best serve each client.
- Evaluate and develop new partnerships and services for manufacturers.
- Interact with MAGNET board and partners.
- Network within the community and coordinating growth-related events of interest to manufacturers.
- Actively participate and help the MAGNET team solve client needs together, bringing the best of the region to help companies in Northeast Ohio grow, thrive, and build jobs in our region.
- Bachelor's degree and significant experience in consulting to small or medium manufacturers OR experience in an executive-level role in a small or medium manufacturer.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Demonstrated skill in interacting with C-level executives in manufacturing; broad experience in sales and marketing of small and medium manufacturers.
- Ability to build deep, long-term relationships with clients and advise credibly on a wide range of growth related issues.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work with partners and manage quality of work.
- Proficient in understanding varied business cultures and their impact of growth planning and execution.
- Proven experience leading project teams toward execution of growth projects.
- Aptitude for and experience in product development and commercialization of new products and services preferred.
- Skilled in MS Office applications.
- Exceptional verbal and writing communication, and strong presentation and organizational skills.
- Valid Ohio drivers’ license with reliable transportation and with the availability to travel by automobile and aircraft.
Interested applicants, please apply via Indeed or ZipRecruiter.
This position offers the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the region while working with a dynamic and creative group of professionals. MAGNET provides an outstanding benefits package including excellent medical/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan, and generous time-off benefits. MAGNET is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer/M/F/D/V. Compensation range for this role is based heavily on prior relevant experience.