Don’t underestimate the value of a good SWOT analysis. In fact, a good SWOT analysis will assist you in transitioning to ISO9001:2015
The four parts of the SWOT analysis:
- Strengths - What are the companies best practices? What gives you a competitive advantage over others?
- Weaknesses – What puts you at a disadvantage over others? Systems that are not fully effective?
- Opportunities – Potential areas of improvement? Areas you can exploit? Trends that could positively impact your business?
- Threats – Risk areas, Noncompliance?
A good PEST Analysis will compliment the SWOT Analysis. A PEST Analysis identifies all of the various external political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors that might affect a business. Managers then assess the risks that the identified factors pose and use that knowledge to inform decisions.
How SWOT can fit into ISO9001:2015:
- Clause 4.1 and 4.2 (Internal and External Context of the Organization)
- Clause 6.1 (Risk and Opportunities)
- Clause 6.2 (Quality Objectives)
- Clause 7.1.6 (Organization Knowledge)
If you would like to talk more about the ISO9001:2015 transition or would like a 3rd party facilitator for an upcoming SWOT analysis at your company give us a call or email.