In May 2012, The Incubator at MAGNET launched a unique new program called The BETA Space.
The Beta Space has two main goals:
- Provide a landing space at The Incubator at MAGNET for college entrepreneurs once they outgrown their dorm room or graduate from college.
- Provide regional access to a portfolio of financial, legal and marketing service providers who offer pro bono consultations in their subject-matter areas.
Use of the Beta Space conference room and office space is free to all student entrepreneurs. Beta Space services will connect them with free consultations from the onsite service providers and also provide an introduction to the larger JumpStart Entrepreneurial Network.
Entrepreneurs with a start-up business and small- to medium-sized manufacturers can also access the expertise available from service providers who have specific experience working with these kinds of entrepreneurs and companies.
At the Beta Space, students, entrepreneurs and small- to mid-size manufacturers can:
- Connect to service providers for free financial, legal and marketing advice
- Receive professional mentoring
- Network with other tech entrepreneurs
- Ramp up into a proven startup environment
- Plug into regional entrepreneurial support networks offering funding, grants and business opportunities
- Participate in on-site events and presentations
Student and graduate entrepreneurs can sign-up for Beta Space services here. Manufacturers who want to schedule an appointment for a free consultation with one of the Beta Space service providers can schedule an appointment here.
The creation of TBS was funded by The Burton D. Morgan Foundation with the generous support of the Neumann-Kress Family Fund. Additional support from Laurentum Group, Global Tax Consulting, Seeley Savidge Ebert, Gourash and Jim Zedella.